Use the tabs above to navigate the site.
Cnoc a' Chalmain - The 'Hill of the Dove'
Single and twin room accommodation is available at the House of Prayer for pilgrims of all faiths seeking a haven of peace and quiet.
The cost is £60 per person per day: this includes breakfast and evening meal. In the winter season (November to Easter) a light lunch is also provided. Bed and breakfast only is available at £40 per person per day.
A deposit of £10 per person per day is payable when booking. The deposit is not refundable. Guests may occupy their rooms from 12 noon on the day of arrival and are required to vacate their rooms by 10.00 am on the day of departure.
One of the single rooms is available free of charge for a priest willing to supply Roman Catholics on the island with a daily Mass.
Priests from outside Scotland who wish to celebrate Mass at the House of Prayer must provide
a Testimonial Letter signed and sealed by their Bishop or Superior. The required form can be downloaded here.
The completed Testimonial must be sent to The Warden at the address below prior to arrival.
- Guests bringing heavy luggage are advised to book the Iona taxi, as the track to the House is not suitable for wheeled suitcases.
- Smoking is permitted outside only.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Payment by GB Pounds Sterling only.
- Mobile phones to be used discreetly and sparingly.
- Quiet is appreciated in and near the Oratory.
- Bookings are subject to the discretion of the Colmcille Trustees.
- It is advisable to book early.
- If, for mobility reasons, you require a ground-floor room please advise at time of booking.
We look forward to welcoming you to the House of Prayer
For availability of accommodation, please first contact the Warden:
e-mail:   or phone: 01681 700369
To view and print the brochure and booking form which are in Portable Document Format (PDF), you will need either
Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader. You probably have one of these programs already installed on your computer.
Click here if you need to to download the free Acrobat Reader (58.46MB) or here to download the free Foxit Reader (7.55MB).
You can download our full two-page brochure with booking form here. Please then print the booking form and send it together with your deposit to:
The Warden (Bookings)
Cnoc a' Chalmain
Catholic House of Prayer
Isle of Iona
Argyll PA76 6SP
Click here to view more images