Cnoc a' Chalmain - The 'Hill of the Dove'
Single and twin room accommodation is available at the House of Prayer for pilgrims of all faiths seeking a haven of peace and quiet.
Downstairs: 2 Twin Rooms and 1 Single Room.
Upstairs: 1 Single Room and 1 Twin Room.
All rooms are en-suite.
The cost is £67 per person per day: this includes breakfast and evening meal. In the winter season a light lunch is provided only if no other eating place is open. Bed and breakfast only is available at £45 per person per day.
A non-refundable deposit of £10 per person per day is payable when booking. The deposit is not refundable. Cancellations occurring within one week of arrival will be charged in full. Guests may occupy their rooms from 12 noon on the day of arrival and are required to vacate their rooms by 10.00 am on the day of departure.
Please notify us at the time of booking if you require a ground floor room.
You must notify us in advance of any special dietary requirements and/or allergies.
A single room is available free of charge to a priest willing to say daily mass. (Only one priest at a time will receive free accommodation and for a maximum of three weeks. Light duties are expected to be carried out. Contact the warden for details.)
Priests from outside Scotland who wish to celebrate Mass at the House of Prayer must provide a Testimonial Letter signed and sealed by their Bishop or Superior. The required form can be downloaded here.
The completed Testimonial must be sent to The Warden at the address below prior to arrival.
(Only one priest at a time receives free accommodation.)
We look forward to welcoming you to the House of Prayer
- Guests bringing heavy luggage are advised to book the Iona taxi, as the track to the House is not suitable for wheeled suitcases.
- Smoking is permitted outside only.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Payment by Pounds Sterling only.
- Mobile phones to be used discreetly and sparingly.
- Quiet is appreciated in and near the Oratory.
- Bookings are subject to the discretion of the Colmcille Trustees.
- It is advisable to book early.
- If, for mobility reasons, you require a ground-floor room please advise at time of booking.
- You must notify us in advance of any special dietary requirements and/or allergies.
For availability of accommodation, please first contact the Warden via email or by phone on 01681 700369.
Brochure and Booking Form
You can download our full two-page brochure with booking form here. Please then print the booking form and send it together with your deposit to:
The Warden (Bookings), Cnoc a' Chalmain, Catholic House of Prayer, Isle of Iona, Argyll PA76 6SP
To view and print the brochure and booking form which are in Portable Document Format (PDF), you will need either
Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader. You probably have one of these programs already installed on your computer.